Cover Letter Tips
- Research the company, know to whom you’re sending the resume.
- Double check for typos and other errors.
- Get the addressee’s name and title correct.
- DO NOT send “to whom it may concern.”
- Give permanent (home) and campus addresses, phone number and e-mail addresses.
- Provide start and end dates.
- Customize and personalize each one.
- WOW me! Make me honestly, and truthfully believe you’re a better candidate than the competition.
- Think of this as a job, not just an internship. Will we view you as an employee — not “just an intern.”
- Review the job description and speak to its points.
- Highlight your skills appropriate for this job.
- Say when you will follow up with a call and do it.